Thursday, January 19, 2012

Shelby, her three kids and the other Guy

They came into my world on a stormy November night. Quietly whimpering in the cold brazen rain. Trying to snuggle unsuccessfully into her while still getting wet. Who's she?. she's Shelby, the stray who sun's herself in front of our gate everyday between one and four looking lovingly at her brats.Who are they? They are the brats, Shelby brought them into the world one very windy day in early November.

I'm not particularly dog friendly , some would say quite the opposite actually but that rainy day even I couldn't help myself.There they were cowering in the cold, waiting to be hugged, to be loved. Though I didn't do either, all credit to the madre and her fearless younger son, who promptly took action and rescued Shelby and her brats, they did give me premature ventricular contractions...( I skipped a heart beat ).

And since that day, Shelby stopped eating our garbage, growls everytime there is an unsightly person around, respectfully walks away when the padre or I use the gate and faithfully follows her two saviors from the main road to the gate. The brats still play around, spewing garbage all around the street, and they even tore up our car cover, playfully of course the madre observed, of course had any of her children been responsible for the same, we would probably have had to miss dinner.

And now as mentioned in the title the Other Guy. Recent observations of Shelby have led me to believe that she is currently dating the supposedly eligible Dolby ?( as I like to call him ). He's big, spotted and belongs to the neighbor. Don't think the brats are too excited, I saw him chasing them around the main road just the other day. But hopefully that will soon die down, and Shelby will find true love, but just in case she will always have her gate, the box that lies still in our garage which for one day was her shelter and my love, that I'm still scared to show but have deep within my heart for her nevertheless.

No comments: