Monday, January 22, 2007

me and myself

since my life right now is cruising at a speed of 5 km/hr i thought it would appropriate to write a little about myself...... (I'm not trying to be self indulgent)
the past 20 yrs of my life have basically been a whirlwind. my first memory of life is my preschool.though i don't remember much i do remember crying out to the vegetable vendor to take me home!!!! well i was a "special child".
the first few years of school i was a nondescript child who tried to get a+ only because she was promised 3 chocolates per a+.( well my older brother was very persuasive). then came the gawky yet cocky pre teen years nothing remarkable happened their either it was infact in high school that i finally discovered myself.
from dancing at every possible school function to my first brush with leadership high school gave it all.and now i am in college....... aah college what can i say...... i have a mix of the most unusual set of friends each as different from each other as water and oil yet the cacophony that ensues every time they meet even if it's just after an hour is melody to my ears though not to many of our teachers.
yet i must say that i reminiscence about those school days more maybe because everyone knew me there ....... maybe because i was a different person then ......a more confident , a more optimistic and most importantly just a better person. i know it sounds like i am writing like a 60 yr old but it is true and only those who know me inside will know the subtle changes. these 2 yrs of college have changed me more than people realize. i have learnt to accept failure.....a word i hated in school.......i have stopped trying to make a difference because none of my previous efforts seem to have had much of an impact ,plus clearly pessimism has taken a strong hold of me.
so...... in an attempt to prevent ending this blog on a sad note i would just like to say that i probably will change much more over time but change need not always be bad right?
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

No comments: