Monday, January 29, 2007

a tear

i was all right for a while
i could smile, for a while but when i saw you last night
you held my hand so tightwhen you stopped to say "hello"and though you wished me well
you couldnt tell
that id been crying
over you crying over you
then you said so longleft me standing all alone
alone and crying crying crying
crying its hard to understand
that the touch of your handcan start me crying i thought that i was over you
but its true
oh, so true i love you even more than i did before
but darling, what can i do?you dont love meand ill always becrying
over you
crying over youyes, now you're gone and from this moment onill be crying crying cryingcrying
-Don McLean
and i love you so the people ask me how
how iv lived till now
i tell them i dont know
i guess they understand
how lonely life has beenbut life began againthe day you took my hand
and yes, i know
how lonely life can bethe shadows follow meand the night wont set me free
but i dont let evening get me down
now that youre around meand you love me too
your thoughs are just for me
you set me spirit free
im happy that you do.the book of life is briefand once a page is readall but love is dead
that is my belief
and yes
i know how loveless life can be
the shadows follow me and the night wont set me free
but i dont let evening bring me downnow that youre around meand i love you so the people ask me how
how iv lived till now
i tell them... i dont know-
Don McLean
do these musings ever manage to suddenly catch a tear cascading down your face?

No comments: